Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Caroline by the year

I thought I would share with you today a little ditty that I do every year for Caroline’s Birthday.
After her party is over, and she has had her yearly checkup with the doctor, I take the picture that I used for her birthday invitation and I ‘edit it up’ with all of Caroline’s favorite things for the year. It’s fun to go back even now when she is only 3 and see how much things have changed. It even reminds of things that I have slowly started to forget, like how much she loved her bunny when she was a baby.

When I started this project, Picnik.com was my editing site of choice, because it was fast and easy. Now that they have shut down, my editing program of choice is Picasa. You download it right to your computer, so you don’t even have to connect to the internet. That’s my favorite part of course, since I don’t have constant, reliable access to the internet. Now I can edit at my leisure.

*Note: I don’t use Picasa for photo editing, just for adding text, but you can do that too.


1 comment:

  1. Love this idea of documenting year by year. And your daughter is darling!!! Thanks so much for sharing over at Finding the Pretty & Delicious Linky Party

    ReplyDelete