Friday, July 18, 2014

Double Chocolate Muffins {Foodie Friday}


I'm not sure what I like more about Saturdays. The fact that I don't 'have' to get up and do anything or the fact that I can eat something other than cereal for breakfast.
It's probably the combination that wakes me up with a smile on my face. Another combination that makes me smile is chocolate +chocolate, but that shouldn't be a surprise. Calling it a muffin is basically an excuse to eat cake for breakfast. Personally--I love to eat cake for breakfast-it's good at every meal really ;) . It's kind of a thing I do on my birthday- eat cake at every meal. And my birthday is Wednesday. I guess I should get on the cake thing...



One Year Ago: Perfect Brownie Bites
Two Years Ago: Parmesan Chicken w/Bowties 

Double Chocolate Muffins


Ingredients



  • 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 3/4 cup baking cocoa
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 3 eggs
  • 1 cup light or regular sour cream
  • 1/2 cup water
  • 1/2 cup lowfat milk
  • 1/2 cup canola or vegetable oil
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
  2. In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda, chocolate chips and salt. Toss to combine. In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, sour cream, water, milk, oil and vanilla. Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and stir in the wet mixture, stirring just until moistened (a few dry streaks and lumps are fine).
  3. Line muffins cups with paper liners and fill the cups 1/2 to 2/3 full. Bake for 16-18 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean. Remove the muffins to a wire rack to let cool completely.


Source:  Mel's Kitchen Cafe

I'm linking up at: Your homebased momThirty Handmade Days The Best Blog RecipesTatertots and JelloWhipperberry Buns in My OvenToday’s Creative BlogDesign, Dining and DiapersIheartnaptimeHome Stories A to Z Home-StyledReal CoakeCreate, Craft, LoveMostlyhomemade momSix Sisters’ StuffA Peek into My ParadiseA Bowl Full of LemonsLove Grows WildThe DIY Show off and Shabby Creek Cottage.

3 comments:

  1. These look great! I think I'll try them tonight as we're having "breakfast" for dinner :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In that case, Bethany, you should really try the Creamed Eggs and Toast! One of my favorites for 'dinner'

      Delete
  2. They look delicious, Amanda! My boys have been asking for chocolate muffins quite a bit recently, so we may just have to make a batch of these! Pinned and tweeting!

    ReplyDelete