Friday, July 19, 2013

Perfect Brownie Bites {Foodie Friday}


Do I really need more than a picture to tell you how amazing these brownies are? Please stuff your face full of them when they are warm out of the oven. Anyone who thinks bad of you is really just jealous.
 I have made these several times, and each time I do they disappear faster than I can turn around and eat one myself. I have made brownies from scratch before, but they did not turn out well at all. This recipe has made its way around the blogosphere and is earning top ranks in my books! No more boxes for me!




Perfect Brownie Bites

Ingredients:

4 eggs
1 1/4 cups unsweetened cocoa powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon espresso powder (optional)
1 Tablespoon (3 teaspoons) vanilla extract

1 cup (2 sticks) butter
2 1/4 cups sugar

1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 cups chocolate chips (semi sweet)



Directions:

Preheat oven to 350°F and lightly grease a mini muffin pan.
In a large bowl, add 4 eggs, and beat with cocoa, salt, baking powder, espresso powder and vanilla. Stir until fully combined and smooth.
In a medium sized bowl, melt butter in the microwave (or melt in a small sauce pan on the stove). When melted, add sugar, and stir to combine.
Add warm butter/sugar mixture to the egg/cocoa mixture, stirring until smooth. Make sure the butter mixture is warm.
Add the flour and chocolate chips to the batter and stir until fully incorporated.
Use a cookie scoop to scoop brownie bites into the pan.
Bake brownies about 10 minutes. Test for doneness by inserting a toothpick in the center of the brownies and making a little divit so you can see the center a bit. You should find moist crumbs, but no wet batter.
Cool pan on wire cooling rack.
Makes about 60 brownie bites.

*This can also make a 9x13 pan of brownies. Cook for about 30 minutes.

Source: Glorious Treats






6 comments:

  1. YUM! These look so good. I'm a sucker for anything brownie related. Thanks for linking up with the Inspiration Gallery!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm back! Just wanted to let you know I picked your yummy recipe as one of the features for the Inspiration Gallery this week! Hope you're having a great weekend :).

    http://www.mayricherfullerbe.com/2013/07/inspiration-gallery-link-party-features.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG. These look so delicious. I am hungry and pregnant so you know I'm about to make a batch! LOL. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holy cow. These pictures have me drooling all over my keyboard! Yummmm!! This looks like a great recipe! Dying to try it!

    ~Jen @ YummyHealthyEasy.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love those little brownie bites you can buy at the store, so thanks for a recipe where I can make my own!

    ~Visiting from Show and Share Wednesday~

    ReplyDelete