I am not a whiz in the kitchen by any means. I have never done a lot of cooking, (I like to stick to baking) but I am trying to learn. Every time I see a recipe that I think I will like, I pull it out. You should see my cupboard. I try to keep them all organized, but there are a gosh darn lot of them in there. Let’s be real most of them are desserts, but I could use some three ring binders to keep them in order, so if you are looking to get rid of some, I’m just saying I could put them to good use =)
Moving on...I pulled this out of All You magazine just a couple of weeks ago. I happened to make it for dinner because I had all the ingredients on hand (this happens a lot). Let me just say, I wish I could make this every week. It’s great. Even D loved it! And he hates everything ;) I think I should start a special tag for all the food I make that he actually likes. If you don’t trust my taste, maybe you will trust his.
Parmesan Chicken with Bow Ties
- 12 ounces bow-tie pasta
- Salt and pepper
- 2 cups small broccoli florets
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken breast, skin and bone removed, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced (or more)
- 1 cup canned petite diced tomatoes, drained
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan
1. Cook pasta in boiling salted water until al dente, about 10 minutes, or as label directs; add broccoli for final 3 minutes. Drain, reserving 1 cup cooking liquid. Toss pasta and broccoli with 1 Tbsp. oil.
2. Warm remaining oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken, onion and garlic, sprinkle with salt and pepper; sauté for 5 minutes. Add tomatoes; sauté for 2 minutes. Toss in pasta, broccoli, Parmesan and 1/2 cup of cooking liquid. Add more liquid if dry.
Source: All You Magazine