I'm not sure that there is a better way to celebrate the upcoming birthday of our great nation than with a giant chocolate chip cookie that is not meant to share. Sounds so typically American.haha.
Sometimes it's just nice to have dessert without all the leftovers. Alright, two people can share this if it is absolutely necessary, but really--this cookie has browned butter and salt. You won't want to share.
One Year Ago: Glazed Carrots
Two Years Ago: Blueberry Crumb Cake
Brown Butter Salted Chocolate Chip Cookie for One
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons beaten egg
- 6 tablespoons Gold Medal all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and line a baking sheet with a silpat liner or parchment paper.
- Place butter into a small saucepan over medium heat. Swirl and cook butter until browned, takes 3-5 minutes. Once you see brown bits on the bottom of the saucepan, butter is browned. It will be a golden brown color. Remove from heat. Make sure to let the butter cool for 5 minutes before adding to other ingredients.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the sugars and browned butter. Stir in the egg, vanilla, flour, baking soda, salt and cornstarch. Stir in the chocolate chips then transfer dough to prepared baking sheet. Press evenly into a round then sprinkle with salt if desired. Bake for 12-15 minutes, until golden brown. Let cool on cookie sheet for 10 minutes before transferring to cooling rack. Serve and enjoy!
Makes 1 Large Cookie
I'm linking up at: Your homebased mom, Thirty Handmade Days The Best Blog Recipes, Tatertots and Jello, Whipperberry, Buns in My Oven, Today’s Creative Blog, Design, Dining and Diapers, Iheartnaptime, Home Stories A to Z Home-Styled, Real Coake, Create, Craft, Love, Mostlyhomemade mom, Six Sisters’ Stuff, A Peek into My Paradise, A Bowl Full of Lemons, Love Grows Wild, The DIY Show off and Shabby Creek Cottage.