Friday, June 28, 2013

Glazed Carrots {Foodie Friday}

Funny story. When DH and I went on our first date we went to see The Polar Express at the movie theatre. It was a tradition for me to bring a 1 lb bag of carrots to the movies. This satisfied my need to crunch and was much better for me than eating butter covered popcorn. I have always loved carrots and had been taking them to the movies with me for years. However, this led DH to believe that I was some kind of health nut.

Oh how wrong he was! My dad always told us growing up that we needed to eat our carrots so we could have good eyesight. I always ate my carrots, and my eyes are still terrible. He is right about them being good for your eyes, but I guess genetics just did me in. Now Caroline is starting to enjoy carrots too, and it’s a little surprising given the small list of foods that she will actually eat. We still try to make carrots regularly for dinner and this recipe has been a recent favorite. MMM… me love carrots. They should have named me the carrot monster.


One Year Ago: Cheesy Chicken Enchiladas


Glazed Carrots


Ingredients

1/4 cup water

1/4 cup cider vinegar

2 1/2 tablespoons brown sugar

12 ounces peeled baby carrots

1 tablespoon butter

1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper

1/8 teaspoon salt

1 tablespoon chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley

Directions

Combine water, vinegar, brown sugar, and carrots in a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Cover and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer 6 minutes or until carrots are crisp-tender. Increase heat to medium-high; cook 2 minutes or until liquid is syrupy. Stir in butter, pepper, and salt. Sprinkle with parsley.


Source: Cooking Light



No comments:

Post a Comment