Friday, April 11, 2014

Brownie for one {Foodie Friday}


You know those days? I mean 'those days'. The kind where you keep looking through the cabinets in the kitchen for something super unhealthy to snack on. It usually hits me at about 2:30 PM. I look, give up, then 10 minutes later I go back and look again as if the contents of my pantry and cabinets have changed.
Sometimes a little quick and easy chocolate is what you need to get you past the afternoon slump. And this, my friends, is the answer. A single serve brownie.  Actually you might hate me for this, because it's so good you will be tempted to make them more than you should. And this is why I must get dressed and go to the office instead of working from home. Here's to 'those days'.



One Year Ago: Peanut Butter Cup Cookies
Two Years Ago: Blueberry Muffins


Brownie for One


Ingredients:

1 TB melted butter
2 TB oil
1 TB water
1/4 tsp vanilla

1/4 cup flour

3 TB sugar
1/8 tsp baking powder
2 TB cocoa powder

a couple chocolate chips


Directions

Melt butter in ramekin. Add the oil, water and vanilla. In a separate small bowl mix together the dry ingredients. Add the butter mixture to the dry ingredients and stir until incorporated. Put the batter back into the ramekin. Top with a couple chocolate chips, if desired. Microwave for about 1 minute. 

Top with ice cream if you are feeling really indulgent!


Enjoy!


Source: Slightly adapted from Love from the oven


I'm linking up at: Your homebased momThirty Handmade Days The Best Blog RecipesTatertots and JelloWhipperberry Buns in My OvenToday’s Creative BlogDesign, Dining and DiapersIheartnaptimeHome Stories A to Z Home-StyledReal CoakeCreate, Craft, LoveMostlyhomemade momSix Sisters’ StuffA Peek into My ParadiseA Bowl Full of LemonsLove Grows Wild and Shabby Creek Cottage.

1 comment: