Friday, April 25, 2014

Pistachio Lush {Foodie Friday}


Growing up my mom made a dessert called Pistachio Delight. That sounds so 80s to me now, but it was so good.
It was very similar to this but it was made with Twinkies between the layers. Can’t go wrong with Twinkies, right? It was one of my dad’s favorite desserts. This is a new take on that dessert--Light and creamy, but full of flavor. I won’t lie, pretty sure I ate 3 pieces. My dad is lucky he even got a piece, ha! If you are not a pistachio fan, this can be made using any flavor of pudding. We just love pistachio! I recently made a chocolate version that is to die for...recipe coming soon!

One Year Ago: Banana Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
Two Years Ago: Crispy Oven Baked Chicken


Pistachio Lush


Layer #1

1 cup flour
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup chopped pecans

Mix well and press into bottom of 9x13 pan.
Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes. Cool.

Layer #2

1 cup powdered sugar
1 cup whipped topping
8 oz cream cheese

Mix together until smooth.
Spread on Layer #1

Layer #3

2 (3 oz) pkgs instant pistachio pudding
2 1/2 cups cold milk

Mix together and let sit 5 minutes.
Spread on top of layer #2. Refrigerate until set.

Layer #4

Spread with whipped topping and sprinkle with chopped pecans
Chill and serve.


I'm linking up at: Your homebased momThirty Handmade Days The Best Blog RecipesTatertots and JelloWhipperberry Buns in My OvenToday’s Creative BlogDesign, Dining and Diapers,IheartnaptimeHome Stories A to Z Home-StyledReal CoakeCreate, Craft, LoveMostlyhomemade momSix Sisters’ StuffA Peek into My ParadiseA Bowl Full of LemonsLove Grows Wild and Shabby Creek Cottage.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for linking up to our Strut Your Stuff Saturday Link Party!! Your pistachio lush looks very lush!!! You really need to make the recipe with the twinkies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds so delicious. I will definitely give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My mom's favorite flavor is pistachio. This looks enticing. Thanks for sharing at Happiness is Homemade :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Amanda, I am just stopping by to let you know that I love your Pistachio Lust and it are one of my featured recipes at Tasty Tuesdays! Please feel free to drop by and grab a featured button to display on your blog if you wish. Have a great day and I look forward to having you join the party again this week.

    http://www.thecookiepuzzle.com/2014/05/tasty-tuesdays-59-plus-features.html

    ReplyDelete