In love. That is how I would describe my relationship with this dish. Easy to make, decently healthy and super yummy. My sister would make a dish like this with chicken instead of chickpeas. If you like garlic, I would suggest adding a touch more, otherwise, STUPENDOUS!!
Pasta with Chickpeas and Broccoli
• 1/4 cup olive oil
• 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
• 1/2 cup plain bread crumbs
• 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
• 10 oz. penne or other small, short pasta
• 4 cups small broccoli florets (from 1 head broccoli)
• 1/4 cup canned low-sodium chicken broth (I used water)
• 1 15.5-oz. can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
· Shredded or grated parmesan cheese for serving
Bring a large pot of water to boil over high heat. Warm oil over medium heat in a large skillet. Add garlic and cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Stir in bread crumbs, crushed red pepper and 1/2 tsp. salt and cook, stirring, until bread crumbs are toasted, 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from heat.
Add 1 Tbsp. salt and pasta to pot with boiling water and cook until almost tender. Add broccoli to pot and continue to boil until broccoli and pasta are both tender, about 2 minutes longer. Drain and return pasta and broccoli to pot.
Add chicken broth and chickpeas to pot with pasta and broccoli, return pot to heat and stir until broth is heated through, about 2 minutes. Add bread-crumb mixture to pot with pasta mixture and toss to coat. Top with Parmesan cheese and serve immediately.
Source: All You