Friday, November 23, 2012

Cream of Chicken Condensed Soup {Foodie Friday}

I don’t know exactly how it happened, but I have suddenly become a DIYer. Even though my mom cooked a lot while we were growing up, we still ate a lot of processed foods. Cream of Chicken Soup is something that I have made a couple of times on my own for use in recipes (i.e. mom’s beef stroganoff), but I thought it was time to make it official. I think you will agree that it’s easy to make and takes a whole lot better than the stuff out of the can.


Cream of Chicken Condensed Soup


makes a little over a cup, equivalent to one can of soup

3 tablespoons butter
3 tablespoons white flour
1/2 cup chicken stock
1/2 cup milk
Salt and pepper

Melt the butter in a small saucepan over medium heat then add the flour. Cook, stirring rapidly, until the mixture is thick.

Add the chicken stock and whisk until smooth, then add the milk. Bring to a simmer and cook, stirring, until thickened. Remove from the heat and add salt and pepper to taste.

This will keep for a couple days in the fridge, but it's best to use it the day you make it.

Source: The Kitchn

No comments:

Post a Comment