Thursday, November 1, 2012

Caroline is TWO Sweet

Well they say better late than never, so I hope you agree. Now that you are all in a sugar coma from Halloween, I know all you want to do is look at some more yummy goodness!!

Caroline's birthday party was in January, and I am just getting around to posting. Geez. It's basically time to start the planning for the next party. Can you believe she is going to be 3 in 2 months already! Dang!
And I thought I knew exactly what I was going to do for her party until I ended up pregnant with twins. Now I am thinking I will be too miserable to want to deal with it in January. Anyway, back to the party.

The theme was "Two Sweet" and we had it at my MIL's house.
It's the perfect theme since her name is Caroline and she is pretty darn sweet.

My MIL picked up these candy ornaments from Target for the party and hung them from the kitchen light. Perfect, don't you think?


She also created this vignette on the table in the hallway. Those are real sprinkles people..but I wouldn't try to eat them. The letters are from Hobby Lobby.
I purchased the Lollipop Birthday Collection from the TomKat Studio during their Cyber Monday sale. It was a good deal, people! I love the TomKat Studio..Stalk their blog on Monday. It will be worth it.
I used a frame from home to put this together for the candy table. ( I bought a bunch of candy the day after Halloween for this party) It's one of the benefits of planning ahead.

I saw lots of cute glass containers filled with candy on the web, but I wasn't willing to shell out the big bucks for them, so I bought a couple from Hobby Lobby, and then returned them after the party (SHHhh!)
Cupcakes again! I will probably never bake another cake. I just think that cupcakes are too cute. I got the cupcake stand for Christmas and the cupcake liners are from Hobby Lobby. I had a hard time finding cupcake liners to match the colors that weren't just plain, so I got these. They actually are for a first birthday and say 'sweet one' on the bottom. I guess it was still sort of in line with the party =)
Another picture of the cute cupcakes!

My friend Kim came to take pictures at Caroline's party. She got some really cute pictures of Caroline and the cupcakes.


She looks like she has such a baby face in this picture. Her looks haven't changed a lot, but she sure is becoming more and more a little lady.


My MIL bought the ice cream cones and I made the 'polka dot garland' A hole punch, scrapbook paper, fishing line and a glue gun. So easy. So cute.

Caroline opening her presents. Her shirt is from Wal-mart. I swear we almost never shop there, but sometimes when something is perfect, you have to deal.


Happy Birthday, Caroline!
This is my favorite picture from the day.
She looks confused because she knows that this is not normally allowed...
An almost cute family picture..Caroline looks like she's picking her nose.
These brownie bites were the hit of the party. They are from a box, but I made them in my mini muffin pan, stirred in some chocolate chips, and topped with some extra cupcake icing.

A close up of the invitation. I love to use a semi-recent picture add text online and then print and mail. It's so cute and a lot cheaper than actually buying invitations. For these I used Picnik, but since they aren't around any more I will probably do the edits through PicMonkey or Google+.
The dessert table! I got a purple tablecloth from the dollar store to use as the backdrop and hung the Happy Birthday banner over the top. The four tier plate stand is my MILs.
The top plate actually had rice krispies on it, but my mom brought them, and she hadn't arrived yet. We also had chocolate chip cookies and french butter cookies. Very healthy. I have no idea whos coffee cup that is.

This was a party based around a 'Sweet' theme, remember?
Caroline loves M &Ms.
The candy table..
I made these favor bags using the Lollipop collection printables and white paper bags from Hobby Lobby. I also put in some bubbles. Maybe something else too, I just can't remember. This party was in January, remember?

Mmmm.. I am getting hungry now.
I probably have 50 pictures of cupcakes..that I took. I just love looking at them.


I got pretty lucky with the plates and napkins, because Wally World had a matching cupcake theme!



Well that's all she wrote, folks!!

Now help me with the next party! The theme I was planning on was:
Caroline is turning three, come and celebrate with tea.
I actually hate tea, so I am not entirely sold on the idea.
What are your thoughts?

2 comments:

  1. THREE and the Giving Tree book!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alice in wonderland tea party!!! I'll so be there to take pictures :D

    ReplyDelete