Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Etsy Inspiration

Happy Valentine's Day!!
I hope your day is filled with love and lots of chocolate of course =)

Today I am writing about a project that I did based on something I saw on Etsy.
Call me a copy cat if you want, but I call it thrifty!!
One day when I was surfing the web I came across this print. I was shocked that the seller was charging $24. I thought, ok, maybe that is the cost of the frame, but NO! The matte and the frame have to be purchased separtely. Are you kidding me?! Well I thought this was a cute idea, so I decided to see if I could just do it myself. It was actually easier than I thought. I had some trouble getting the special phrase to rotate and stay where I wanted it to, but once I figured it out, I kind of went overboard.
The one below is for DH and I. I didn't include Caroline's birthday because I wanted it just to be our dates. The pictures look a little blurry, but that's just because I had to print screen them to share them with you! 

 This one is for DH's parents:

This one is for my parents:
What I love about this project is that the colors, dates and text can be easily customized for any event or theme! AND...if you want me to make you one, I'll only charge you $10..lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment