If you are still planning what to eat for Christmas here is a wonderful idea. these Gingerbread muffins are the perfect way to to start Christmas morning, or any winter day, really. They are light and fluffy, yet not overwhelming. The first time I made a gingerbread recipe, the result was a little spicy and it made me nervous to try again, but I am so glad I did!
Two Years Ago: Basic Pie Dough
Gingerbread Doughnut Muffins
For the muffins:
• 2¾ cup all-purpose flour
• 2½ tsp. baking soda
• ½ tsp. salt
• 1 tbsp. ground ginger
• 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
• ¼ tsp. ground cloves
• 8 tbsp. unsalted butter, at room temperature
• ½ cup plus 2 tbsp. light brown sugar
• 2 large eggs
• ½ cup unsulphured molasses
• 1 1/3 cup cold water
• ½ cup granulated sugar
• 2 tsp. ground cinnamon
• 3-4 tbsp. unsalted butter, melted
1. Preheat the oven to 350˚ f. Line muffin pans with paper liners- or grease the pan. I like to use the pan without liners with making mini muffins. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, salt and spices. In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat together the butter and sugar on medium-high speed until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Blend in the eggs one at a time. Mix in the molasses.
2. With the mixer on low speed, stir in half of the dry ingredients just until incorporated. Add in the second half, again mixing just until incorporated. Mix in the water on medium-low speed, just until evenly mixed and no lumps remain.
4. Divide the batter between the prepared muffin liners, filling each about two-thirds of the way full. Bake, rotating the pans halfway through, until the tops are set and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 18-20 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
5. To finish, combine the sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl and whisk until evenly combined. Dip the top of a muffin in the melted butter, then into the cinnamon-sugar mixture to coat with a thin layer. Repeat with the remaining muffins. Serve warm.
Source: Annie's Eats
I'm linking up at: Your homebased mom, Thirty Handmade Days The Best Blog Recipes, Tatertots and Jello, Whipperberry, Buns in My Oven, Today’s Creative Blog, Design, Dining and Diapers, Iheartnaptime, Home Stories A to Z Home-Styled, Real Coake, Create, Craft, Love, Mostlyhomemade mom, Six Sisters’ Stuff, A Peek into My Paradise, A Bowl Full of Lemons, Love Grows Wild and Shabby Creek Cottage.