Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Caroline is 3!

Here are a couple of pictures from Caroline's 3rd birthday. It was about 6 weeks ago, so I'm doing better than last year in posting! This year the theme was "Caroline is turning 3, Come and celebrate with me!" Ok, not really a great theme, but basically I got to do whatever I wanted...and that was awesome.
We had the party at our house this year. In the past it has been at my MILs house. Since our house is much smaller we only had our immediate families in attendance.
Instead of buying cups I used the mason jars from Abbe's Baby Shower, tied them with baker's twine, added a scalloped circe from The TomKat Studio printables and a krazy straw. Above are the Soft Double Chocolate Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting. The were a knockout!
These were the vanilla cupcakes. The look pretty, but they were fairly disappointing. I did this decorating technique for the first time and it was way easier than I thought it would be. I thought the results were a lot better than my rosettes. I still need some practice with those.
The night before the party my sister came over and helped me whip up this garland. I think it looks great.. It was pretty easy to make..since I had a helper to punch the circles for me ;)
I would have saved it, but it got tangled when I was taking it down. I gave up on trying to get it apart so it ended up in the trash.
I forgot to take a close up picture of the cupcakes once I put the toppers on. This is as good as it gets, folks.
I draped a plastic tablecloth over the curtain rod and actually ended up hanging it from the hooks with fishing line.  The tablecloths, plates and napkins are from WalMart. I usually get them at the dollar store, but they didn't have the colors I wanted. I got the cupcake wrappers on clearance at Marshalls (score!) The pink buckets I got from Target. They were on clearance on the dollar spot, so they were probably $.50 each (another score!)







She loves cards that sing..









I swear she has the longest tongue I have ever seen--and it is always sticking out.





Happy Birthday, Caroline!

No comments:

Post a Comment