Friday, August 3, 2012

Garlic Rice Pilaf {Foodie Friday}



Do you have problems boiling? I always seem to make a huge mess on my stove when I am trying to make pasta, rice, or what have you. I am just too busy doing other things in the kitchen that don't involve watching boiling water. Enter oven baked rice pilaf. Hallelujah! So easy, so delicious! It takes a little longer to make it this way, but I like to do it in the oven on the weekends when I have more time. Try it! I promise you will love it too!



Baked Garlic Rice Pilaf

Ingredients:
2 tbsp. butter
3 cloves garlic, minced or pressed
1 cup long-grain white rice
2½ cups chicken broth, divided
½ tsp. salt
½ tsp. pepper
Squeeze of lemon juice

Directions:
Preheat the oven to 375° F. Have ready a covered casserole dish. In a saucepan or skillet, melt the butter over medium-high heat. Add the garlic and rice to the pan and cook until both are golden brown, about 3-4 minutes. Stir in 1 cup of the chicken broth, salt and pepper and bring to a boil. Pour the mixture into the casserole dish, cover, and bake for 25 minutes. Stir in the remaining 1½ cups chicken broth and bake, covered, for another 45 minutes. About 15 minutes before it is finished baking, stir in a squeeze of fresh lemon juice.

Source: Annie's Eats

No comments:

Post a Comment