Friday, August 17, 2012

Dairy Delicious Dip {Foodie Friday}



Have you ever purchased the fruit dip from the grocery store? I always loved that stuff with apples, pineapple, and especially strawberries. Due to my frugal nature I started making this dip a couple of years ago. It’s much better and cheaper than the stuff from the store. I challenge you to make this and not an entire container of strawberries.

I used my dessert decorator to pipe this into the center of the strawberries. I tried to put some on top too, but the dip was too soft. If you wish to try this, I would advise refrigerating the dip overnight.
*Note: Make sure your cream cheese is really soft so it doesn’t end up lumpy.


Dairy Delicious Dip


Ingredients
  • 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
  • 1/2 cup sour cream
  • 1/4 cup sugar
  • 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
  • 1 to 2 tablespoons maple syrup
Directions
  • In a small bowl, combine cream cheese, sour cream, sugars and syrup to taste; beat until smooth. Chill. Serve with fresh fruit. Yield: 2 cups.
Source: Taste of Home

No comments:

Post a Comment