Friday, March 16, 2012

Ham and Swiss Quiche {Foodie Friday}

I have never had Quiche before. I know, I know. I had no idea what I was missing. I think most of the quiche recipes that I saw had weird and crazy things in them that I would never eat anyway. But this quiche was awesome. If they didn’t take so long to cook I would make them all the time for breakfast. We actually had this for dinner.
The key to these types of things is to have the pie dough made ahead of time. I failed to do that, so it took 30 minutes in the fridge while I was mixing up everything else. Since I didn’t get started making it until 6—it was almost 7:30 before we actually ate dinner. I am thinking that it would probably be ok to mix it all up ahead of time and keep it in the fridge overnight or something. Not sure on that, but I would be willing to try it and save some time.

Ham and Swiss Quiche

Ingredients
1 recipe basic pie dough
1 (12 fluid ounce) can Evaporated Milk
3 large eggs
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup shredded Swiss cheese
1/2 cup cubed cooked ham
1/4 cup sliced green onions
1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
Directions
1. PREHEAT oven to 350 degrees F.
2. WHISK together evaporated milk, eggs and flour in large bowl. Stir in 1/2 cup cheese, ham, green onions, thyme, salt and pepper. Pour mixture into pie shell; sprinkle with remaining cheese.
3. BAKE for 45 to 50 minutes or until knife inserted near center comes out clean. Cool on wire rack for 5 to 7 minutes before serving.

Source: Back of the Cheese bag (can also be found here.)

No comments:

Post a Comment