Friday, April 6, 2012

Chicken Pot Pie {Foodie Friday}

I got this recipe from my MIL. I make my own pie crust, but you can use the premade stuff from the grocery store if you must--but trust me, you should just make your own.
This recipe is not rocket science and can easily be adjusted to fit your tastes. I find that one bag of California blend veggies isn't quite enough, so I usually throw in some extra peas, green beans, broccoli or extra chicken in. It is really easy to make, it just takes a little planning ahead, because it has to bake for an hour. This is one of our family favorites, I hope you enjoy it too.

Chicken Pot Pie


2 recipes basic pie dough
1 pkg. California blend frozen vegetables
2 breasts chicken
2 small jars chicken gravy
any other veggies just sitting around

Steam chicken and cut into bite size pieces. Rinse frozen vegetables under hot water, drain. Mix vegetables, chicken, gravy, salt and pepper. Pour in pie shell, cover with top crust. Cover edges with foil.

Bake for about an hour or until golden brown at 350°.

No comments:

Post a Comment