I don't know about you, but I am so glad that fall is here. This summer was just so..weird. Fall seems so...refreshing.
- Anyway, fall means soup season and I was so excited about the fall temperatures this week, that whipped up a batch of Hamburger soup. I grew up eating this soup, so it is very cozy for me. I know you will enjoy it too. (p.s. I forgot to add in some green beans--don't forget those!)
- One Year Ago: Banana Bread Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Two Years Ago: Black Beans and Rice<--still a favorite!
- Hamburger Soup
- 2-½ pounds Ground Hamburger
- 2 cups diced onion
- 1 cup diced celery
- 3 cloves Garlic, Minced
- 1 can (14.5 Ounce) Petite Diced Tomatoes
- 3 cups Beef Stock Or Beef Broth, Plus More As Needed
- 2 cups chopped carrots
- 1 can (15 oz) green beans
- 5 whole Red Potatoes, Cut Into Chunks
- 3 Tablespoons Tomato Paste
- ½ teaspoons Kosher Salt (more To Taste)
- ½ teaspoons Black Pepper, More To Taste
- 2 teaspoons Dried Parsley Flakes
- ½ teaspoons Ground Oregano
- ¼ teaspoons Cayenne Pepper (more To Taste)
In a large pot over medium-high heat, brown the meat with the onion, celery, and garlic. Remove the pot from the heat and drain off as much fat as you can. (Discard the fat once it cools.)
Return the pot to the heat and add the rest of the ingredients. Stir to combine, then bring to a boil. Reduce the heat, then cover the pot and simmer the soup for 15-20 more minutes, until potatoes are tender but not overly mushy.
Soup should be somewhat thick, but if you’d like it to be more “soupy,” add 1 to 2 cups more broth OR hot water and heat through. Taste and adjust seasonings, adding more salt if needed.
Serve with crusty bread!
I'm linking up at: Your homebased mom, Thirty Handmade Days The Best Blog Recipes, Tatertots and Jello, Whipperberry, Buns in My Oven, Today’s Creative Blog, Design, Dining and Diapers, Iheartnaptime, Home Stories A to Z Home-Styled, Real Coake, Create, Craft, Love, Mostlyhomemade mom, Six Sisters’ Stuff, A Peek into My Paradise, A Bowl Full of Lemons, Love Grows Wild, The DIY Show off and Shabby Creek Cottage.