Friday, August 1, 2014

Puppy Chow {Foodie Friday}

I've been on vacation this week, and one of my favorite things to do is make snacks to take with us. This vacation is a 'sit around and read at the beach' type so there is lots of snacking going on.

This recipe makes a lot. I didn't have 1 bowl big enough to make it all in one, so I essentially split the recipe in half and made two 'half recipes' at the same time.   Hope that makes sense. Do they even make 2 gallon ziploc bags? I sure don't have any, so I just used a gallon size and did it twice. I'm confident in your ability to figure it out. 

Enjoy a classic favorite!


One Year Ago: Blueberry Pie
Two Years Ago: Red Velvet Cheesecake Brownies

Puppy Chow


9 cups Corn Chex™, Rice Chex™, Wheat Chex™ or Chocolate Chex™ cereal (or combination)
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips –I used milk chocolate chips because it is what I had on hand
½ cup peanut butter
¼ cup butter or margarine
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 ½ cups powdered sugar

Into large bowl, measure cereal; set aside.
In 1-quart microwavable bowl, microwave chocolate chips, peanut butter and butter uncovered on High 1 minute; stir. Microwave about 30 seconds longer or until mixture can be stirred smooth. Stir in vanilla. Pour mixture over cereal, stirring until evenly coated. Pour into 2-gallon resealable food-storage plastic bag.

Add powdered sugar. Seal bag; shake until well coated. Store in airtight container.

Source: Chex Cereal Box

I'm linking up at: Your homebased momThirty Handmade Days The Best Blog RecipesTatertots and JelloWhipperberry Buns in My OvenToday’s Creative BlogDesign, Dining and DiapersIheartnaptimeHome Stories A to Z Home-StyledReal CoakeCreate, Craft, LoveMostlyhomemade momSix Sisters’ StuffA Peek into My ParadiseA Bowl Full of LemonsLove Grows WildThe DIY Show off and Shabby Creek Cottage.

No comments:

Post a Comment